NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. OPEN ONLY TO PEOPLE WHO ARE AGE 18 OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY AND RESIDE IN ONE OF THE FOLLOWING COUNTIES IN THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA: LOS ANGELES, ORANGE, VENTURA, SAN BERNARDINO AND RIVERSIDE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. U.S. LAW GOVERNS THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Verizon “Best Seat in the House” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to people who are 18 years of age or older as of the time of entry and reside in one of the following counties in the state of California: Los Angeles, Orange, Ventura, San Bernardino and Riverside. Employees of Verizon Services Corp. (“Sponsor”), its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors and advertising, promotion and Internet agencies and the NBA Entities (as defined below), and members of the immediate family or household of any such employee, are not eligible. “NBA Entities” means The Los Angeles Lakers Inc., the National Basketball Association and its member Teams, NBA Properties Inc. and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies. Void where prohibited by law. In the event of a dispute regarding any online entry, the entry will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of website registration (i.e., the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address). Eligibility determinations will be made by Sponsor in its discretion.
- HOW TO REGISTER AND ENTER: The entry period for the Sweepstakes begins at 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time (PT) on February 18, 2013 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on March 28, 2013 (the “Entry Period”). To enter, during the Entry Period, access verizon.com/bestseat (the “Website”) and follow the on-screen entry instructions. Each entrant will be required to provide the entrant’s name, date of birth, street address, telephone number, e-mail address and such other information as Sponsor may require. Upon completion of the entry process, the registered entrant (“Entrant”) will receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry. Entries via the Website must be completed and received by Sponsor by 11:59 p.m. PT on March 28, 2013. Entry times will be determined using Sponsor’s computer, which will be the official clock for the Sweepstakes. Normal time rates, if any, charged by Internet service provider will apply. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person/e-mail address per day. No purchase is necessary.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: On or about March 29, 2013, one (1) potential Grand Prize winner and two (2) potential First Prize winners will be selected in a random drawing conducted by Sponsor or its agent from among all entries received during the Entry Period. The odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. All winners will be notified by mail, telephone and/or e-mail, at Sponsor's discretion. If a “potential” (a winner who has not yet submitted an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability) winner cannot be reached within seventy-two (72) hours of the initial notification attempt, he or she may be disqualified and the prize awarded to an alternate winner. The winners are subject to verification. The potential winners may, in Sponsor’s discretion, be required to complete and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability, and, if legally permissible, a Publicity Release, within three (3) days of attempted delivery of same. To become an actual winner, a “potential” winner must submit their Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability and confirm that they meet eligibility requirements. If a potential winner is a minor under the laws of his or her state of residency, the prize may be awarded in the name of the winner's parent or legal guardian, who must complete any required Affidavit/Release. Each potential winner also must have the guest who will accompany the potential winner on the prize trip (described below) complete a Publicity/Liability release and the potential winner must return the same to Sponsor within the time period specified by Sponsor. If a potential winner fails to respond to any notification attempt within the time period specified by Sponsor, or if any attempted notification or prize delivery is returned as undeliverable, or if a potential winner fails to complete and return any required affidavit or release within the specified time period, the potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner selected.
- PRIZE: Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize will be offered. The Grand Prize consists of two (2) courtside tickets to the Los Angeles Lakers game at the Staples Center on April 12, 2013 against the Golden State Warriors; two (2) passes to the Chairman’s Room at Staples Center; and a VIP tour of the Lakers facility. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $5,700. The exact value will depend on market conditions at the time of prize fulfillment. First Prize: Two (2) First Prizes will be offered. Each First Prize consists of two (2) lower-level tickets to attend a Los Angeles Lakers game at the Staples Center on April 12, 2013 against the Golden State Warriors. The ARV of each First Prize is $520. General Prize Conditions: Each winner’s guest must be of legal age of majority in the jurisdiction in which the guest resides, unless the winner is a parent or legal guardian of the minor guest. The ARV of all prizes is $6,740. All federal, state, local taxes on the value of the prize, if applicable, are the responsibility of the winner. An IRS form 1099 will be issued in the winner’s name if required by law. The prizes will be awarded if properly claimed. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of the right to receive any prize is permitted, except in the discretion of Sponsor, which reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. The prizes consist only of the items expressly specified in these Official Rules. All expenses or costs associated with the acceptance or use of any prize or any component thereof that are not expressly specified in these Official Rules as being part of the prize (including, without limitation, transportation, souvenirs, additional meals, incidentals, food and beverages and gratuities) are the responsibility of the winner. The winner and guest will be bound by and must comply with all terms and conditions relating to the use of any ticket to any National Basketball Association game or other event. National Basketball Association game and event dates and times are determined in the sole discretion of the National Basketball Association as applicable, and may be subject to change. The Released Parties (as defined below) reserve the right to remove from any National Basketball Association game or event or deny attendance to any winner and/or guest who engages in non-sportsmanlike, disruptive or inappropriate behavior or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at any game or event. If unused, passes and tickets cannot be returned, refunded or exchanged for cash value or substitute passes and/or tickets. The terms and conditions of the tickets or passes awarded as part of the prize may govern in the event a game or event does not take place or is terminated or postponed due to weather, an act of God, an act of terrorism, civil disturbance or any other reason. The winner and guest will be bound by and must comply with all applicable league, team and venue regulations in connection with attendance at any National Basketball Association game. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of such portion of the prize and removal from event. Restrictions may apply.
- GRANT OF RIGHTS: Entry constitutes permission for Sponsor, the NBA Entities and each of their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents and licensees to use the Entrant’s name, likeness, voice and/or biographical information, in perpetuity, throughout the world, in all media and formats whether now or later known or developed, for commercial purposes (including without limitation advertising and promotion), without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- GENERAL RULES: Sponsor, the NBA Entities and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors and advertising, promotion and Internet agencies, and the successors, assigns and agents of each of the foregoing, and the officers, directors and employees of each of the foregoing (collectively, the “Released Parties”) are not responsible, and will have no liability, for late, lost, delayed, illegible, damaged, corrupted or incomplete entries, incorrect or inaccurate capture of, damage to, or loss of entries or entry information, or any other human or technical errors of any kind relating to the operation of the Website, communications or attempted communications with any entrant, the submission, collection, storage or processing of entries or the administration of the Sweepstakes. The Released Parties are not responsible, and will have no liability, for Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage or any other natural disaster outside their control that may cause any postponement or cancellation of any National Basketball Association game or event. The Released Parties are not responsible for undeliverable e-mails resulting from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user's Internet service provider and/or e-mail client or for insufficient space in user's e-mail account to receive e-mail. The Released Parties are not responsible for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in or accessing or downloading information in connection with this promotion. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE CONTENT OR LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR AND THE NBA ENTITIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY PERSON OR PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify or prohibit from participating in the Sweepstakes any individual who, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, Sponsor determines or believes (i) has tampered with the entry process, or has undermined the legitimate operation of the Website or the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices, or (ii) has engaged in conduct that annoys, abuses, threatens or harasses any other entrants or any representative of Sponsor and/or the NBA Entities, or (iii) has attempted or intends to attempt any of the foregoing. The use of automated devices, programs or methods to submit entries is prohibited and Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry that it believes may have been submitted using such an automated device, program or method. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes should a virus, bugs, entrant fraud or misconduct, or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor corrupt the administration, integrity, security or proper operation of the Sweepstakes. In the event of termination of the Sweepstakes, a notice will be posted online and a random drawing to award the prizes will be conducted from among all eligible entries received prior to the time of termination. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By entering, each entrant releases and agrees to hold each of the Released Parties harmless from and against any and all claims and liability arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes, the acceptance, receipt or use of any prize or prize component, and/or any use of the winner’s name, likeness, voice and/or biographical information as permitted hereunder, including without limitation all claims and liabilities based on any personal injury, property damage or loss or death. Entrants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Sweepstakes or the acceptance, receipt or use or any prize or prize component. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be verified or returned. By participating in this promotion, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prize. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and by entering each entrant waives all rights to claim punitive, special, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York. Any legal proceedings arising out of this Sweepstakes or relating to these Official Rules shall be instituted only in the federal or state courts located in the State of New York, County of New York, and the parties consent to jurisdiction therein with respect to any legal proceedings or disputes of whatever nature arising under or relating to these rules.
- WINNER'S NAMES AND RULES REQUESTS: For the names of the winners, available after April 30, 2013, or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Verizon “Best Seat in the House” Sweepstakes, c/o Erwin Penland, 125 E. Broad St., Greenville, SC 29615.
- Sponsor: Verizon Services Corp., One Verizon Way, Basking Ridge, NJ 07920. © 2013 Verizon. All rights reserved.